Customer Spotlight Ekahau Connects with InsideView to Enrich their Data and Nets a High-Speed Return on Investment
Ekahau, the global leader in wireless network solutions for enterprises, serves more than 50% of Fortune 500 companies. They are recognized for delivering the easiest-to-use, most reliable solutions for Wi-Fi planning, site surveys, troubleshooting, and optimization. Whether a corporate office, hotel, hospital, or university – if the Wi-Fi works well, it has likely been built using Ekahau’s Wi-Fi Design solutions.
Director of Sales Operations,
As a technology company, we should let data do the talking, but our customer data wasn’t optimized. At times we were trying to make go-to-market decisions based on incomplete information. After InsideView cleaned and appended our data, our CEO boasted ‘Sales Operations has turned Ekahau into a proactive, data-driven machine.
Enterprise wireless network solutions
HQ: Reston, VA
R&D and Product:
While Ekahau currently serves more than 50% of the Fortune 500, they were not content to rest on their laurels. They needed reliable, granular account data to feed a new highly segmented growth strategy, but their current database was cluttered with non-standardized, duplicate, and stale data, and had significant gaps in account information and corporate family trees.
Their poor data quality prevented them from being able to:
- Analyze and understand their current customers, so they could make strategic decisions about who they should be targeting.
- Segment their market, so they could make hiring and account assignment decisions.
- Assign related accounts within a family tree to a single rep, so they could better serve and grow these important large corporate and enterprise accounts.
And while Ekahau began their relationship with InsideView to fuel their growth strategy, little did they realize how pivotal their improved data would be in seeing them through the pandemic after the market dropped out from under them, with everyone working from home offices.
Ekahau turned to InsideView to transform their inactionable data into clean, complete account data on which they can base their go-to-market strategy. They implemented InsideView Data Integrity to do an initial clean and append, and to maintain their data going forward. Then they brought in the InsideView Professional Services team to custom clean unmatched records and fill in missing “limbs” in their family trees.
They also equipped their salespeople with InsideView Insights, which they now use to find new accounts that align to Ekahau’s targeted profile, and to find and download contacts for both existing customers and these new accounts.
Ekahau is now able to segment their market and accurately assign related accounts within family-trees to fuel their new tiered growth strategy. What’s more, they not only survived, but thrived during the pandemic, after a sharp initial drop in sales. They:
- Expanded bookings by an impressive amount over a 4-month period
- Transformed an initial drop in revenue (due to COVID) into year-over-year growth and a sizable increase Q4 over the previous Q4
- Doubled the dollars being added into their pipeline over the same month, previous year
- Increased rep productivity and saved Sales Operations 5 – 10 hours per week by eliminating conflicts over account assignments
- Improved conversion rates due to having additional intelligence on the accounts being pursued